Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow Ice Cream

The snow just isn't stopping here in North Texas. Where I happen to live we got over an inch of ice plus 5+ inches of snow on Tuesday. Today we've gotten another few inches. A dear friend sent me a photo of her 21 month old daughter eating some snow ice cream. Of course I had to know how she made it. It's simply snow, milk, sugar and vanilla, and it is so yummy! Growing up we didn't have any traditions like snow ice cream. I did often go out and find icicles and pretend I was eating carrots or make the occasional snow angel.





It's so simple to make. It's 1 part sugar, 2 parts milk, vanilla to taste (a teaspoon to a tablespoon), and snow. Mix the sugar, milk and vanilla to combine, then add to snow. Mix until it reaches a consistency you like.

For example, I used 1/2 c sugar, 1 cup milk, 1 Tbs vanilla and I'd venture to guess 5-6 cups of snow. Keep adding snow or the milk mixture until it reaches a consistency you like. I personally dumped the milk mixture into the snow and I was happy with it.

Thanks, Mendie!!!!

No comments: