Thursday, June 17, 2010

Plum Salsa

I have been a little absent from here lately but it's only because I have been so busy with all the plums we have to harvest right now and making things for the farmers market I am selling at on Saturday mornings. Every evening I'm gathering anywhere from 10 to 20 pounds of plums just from the lower branches that I can reach. I have so many things I want to make with them including jam, wine, stir-fry sauce, and tonight I made a salsa! I gave it a quick taste and it might need an extra pinch of sugar, but I want to let it set overnight and let all those flavors come together before I do anything else to it.

Ingredients:

12 small-medium plums chopped
1 medium jalapeno finely diced
1/4 medium red onion finely diced
splash of lime juice
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
pinch of sugar

I'd like to try the recipe again adding cilantro but I don't have any on hand at the moment.

No comments: