Monday, January 18, 2010

More Prepping the Bed

So over the past two days I have been prepping the onion bed. It was much, much easier than I ever anticipated. The ground is soft from the drizzle/rain we had during the end of last week, and the soil is very rich, so on Sunday evening I took a shovel and garden claw and loosened the soil in about 30 minutes. This afternoon I spent about two hours with a hand rake and pulled up all the weeds. I really enjoyed doing it too, the weather was perfect and warm at 70 degrees. Tomorrow I will be planting the Texas Sweets.

In the kitchen I have started a few pots of bell pepper seeds and a few pots of the Red Creole onions. Over the next couple of months I will build a second bed and then plant those in the end of March or first of April.

No comments: